Friday, June 27, 2014

Bread Sweet Bread

Lately I have had the biggest sweet tooth. All I ever want for each meal is something sweet, chocolatey, or decadent and let me tell you, it has been quite a struggle getting all of my vegetables and protein in this week (I think it's because I am having girl issues… TMI). However, I figured with this loaf of bread I could get some good protein and fats into my diet… while curing my sweet tooth!

This bread was a sweet sweet success! And it has actually fueled a bunch of my SWEATY workouts this week. I assume that if something sweet can help me sweat that it is okay to overindulge in. Because that is exactly what I did with these loaves. They were gone in less than 48 hours. Even my dad loved it!… and he is quite the picky "healthy dessert" guy. He doesn't really ever like "healthy desserts"…  but I think I definitely changed his mind with this one! So if I haven't convinced you to make this bread yet, I am not really sure what will! If you make it and enjoy it, let me know by either commenting on this post or posting a picture on instagram and tagging me, @eatburnbalance, and hash tagging #EBBrecipes. Enjoy!


PB Banana S'mores Bread

by Alison Gay
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (2 small loaves, 12 slices)
    For the bread
    • 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (or chickpeas)
    • 1/3 cup mashed banana
    • 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used Marantha crunchy PB)
    • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    • 2 Tablespoons sweetener (I used Walden Farms Caramel Sauce)
    • 2 Tablespoons Cellucor S'mores Whey (or protein powder of choice)
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    For the topping
    • 1/4 cup - 1/3 cup Lily's Stevia Sweetened Baking Chips
    • 1/4 cup - 1/3 cup marshmallows (I used the brand Elyon from Whole Foods)
    Instructions
    Preheat your oven to convection 375.
    Grease two small loaf pans.
    Put all of the bread ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
    Stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
    Pour the batter into your greased loaf pans.
    Sprinkle marshmallows on top.
    Bake for 15-18 minutes.
    Turn up the oven to 400 then bake for 3-5 minutes longer.
    Once a toothpick comes out of the bread clean then it is done. Let cool, slice, and serve.
    This bread is also delicious served chilled! I store mine in the fridge if it isn't eaten right away.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment