Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Back From the Dead & Classic Peanut Butter Cookies

Hello hello! I am back. I am going to try and post more on this blog of mine, especially since traveling abroad to Japan is coming up in... 1 month! I am so excited. In the mean time I will post recipes and whatever else you guys would like to see or hear about!

Yesterday I received an awesome package in the mail. The package included peanut flour... which is some of the most versatile powder I have used. I love to dip bananas or apples in it, I love to mix it into yogurt, I love to bake with it,... the options are endless. So today I used it to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! These are darn delicious. I will post the steps with pictures and at the very end will be the recipe in one piece. If you try making them let me know! I would love to hear what you think.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

First, gather your ingredients. You will need almond flour, peanut protein or peanut flour, peanut butter, 2 eggs, vanilla extract, sweetener of choice, baking powder, and salt.

Once you have those gathered, measure out 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup peanut flour, 2 tablespoons sweetener, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Throw all of that in to one bowl and set aside
Next, in a mixing bowl combine 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and shiny.

Once well combined, stir in the dry ingredients.
Then fold in 3-4 tablespoons chocolate chips.
Use an ice cream/cupcake scooper to form 9 dough balls. Place balls onto a greased cookie sheet.
Flatten the dough balls.
Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Let cool then devour!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

by Alison Gay
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (9 cookies)
    Liquid Ingredients
    • 1 egg
    • 1 egg white
    • 1/2 cup peanut butter
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Dry Ingredients
    • 1/2 cup almond flour
    • 1/2 cup peanut flour
    • 2 tablespoons sweetener
    • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    • Pinch of Salt
    • 3-4 tablespoons chocolate chips-I use Lily's Sweets Chocolate Stevia Sweetened chips
    Instructions
    1. Mix the dry ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) together in a separate bowl. Set aside.
    2. Whisk the liquid ingredients together until smooth and glossy.
    3. Add the dry ingredients to the whisked liquid. Stir until combined.
    4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
    5. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick baking spray.
    6. Use a cupcake scooper to measure out 9 cookie dough balls.
    7. Place onto greased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies.
    8. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
    Powered by Recipage

    No comments:

    Post a Comment